With Spring in the air and the evenings noticeably drawing out, it is time to lighten the supper menu. Salmon with ginger & honey glaze is a wonderfully light, tasty dish that is easy to make and equally light on the purse strings. For an added Spring celebration, serve on a bed of spring greens which have been slightly wilted in the pan.
Serves 4 – adjust accordingly
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 4 Tbsp Dark Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Spring greens – cabbage, pak choi, leeks, etc
- 1 white onion diced
- In a shallow dish combine the Soy, Ginger, and Honey; place the Salmon in covering all sides, and allow to rest for a minimum of a 1/4 hour.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over a medium heat, and spray with ‘fry-light’.
- Toss in the garlic and onion, stir fry until the onion softens.
- Pre-heat the grill or air-fryer
- Add the ‘greens’ and stir fry for a couple of minutes until they wilt but not lose all their crunch.
- Set a side and keep warm.
- Place the Salmon under the grill or into the air fryer, and cook until tender and flaky.
- Place in the greens in wide bowls and rest the salmon on top.
- Serve immediately
[hit_count]Tags: Cheap, Easy, Greens, hearty, Honey, Low fat, Oriental, Quick, Salmon, Slimming World, Spring