Quick, easy, comforting, and low fat and pretty healthy. All the classic boxes ticked for a January Monday feast.
Serves 4 Prep & cooking time less than 30 minutes.
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 spring onion Chopped
- 200g mixed vegetables tinned or frozen
- 250g ‘5% fat’ minced beef
- 1 cup rice precooked and cooled
- 4 eggs beaten
- Soy sauce to taste
- Sweet chilli sauce to taste
- Stir fry the minced beef and add garlic and onions.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook until softened.
- Toss in the rice and combine well.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, and pour in to the wok, small amounts at a time.
- Serve immediately with a generous glug of dark soy sauce.
Serving a Suggestion
Accompany with supermarket mini duck or vegetable spring rolls.
Hellman’s Fat Free vinaigrette makes for a suitably tart sauce.
[hit_count]Tags: Cheap, Chinese, Easy, hearty, Low SYN, Mid-week, Quick, Slim, Tasty