On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
and I have nothing else to do,
I sometimes wonder if it’s true
That who is what and what is who. – Winnie the Pooh
If you are looking for a quick tasty alternative to a takeaway & need something different for the midweek treat, you can do a lot worse than Sticky Pork with Noodles.
If you’re following a fat reduced diet then Pork has had a lot of ‘bad press’ over the years as a particularly fatty meat. As much as I do love a good bit of crackling, remove the visible fat from Pork & its on a par with poultry.
This recipe may be altered into include Chicken, Turkey or Beef, as well as, the vegetable alternatives such as Jackfruit, Quorn & the “Linda McCartney” ranges.
- 4 Tbsp Dark Soy sauce
- 1 level Tbsp Sweet Chilli sauce
- 1 level tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 4 Tbsp Tomato purée
- 600g Pork Fillets cut into strips
- 1-Cal spray oil
- 400g dried Egg Noodles
- 300g Stir fry vegetable pack or fresh carrots, sweet potatoes, courgettes, cabbage etc.
- 200g Water Chestnuts
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy sauce
- Mix the Dark Soy & Sweet Chilli sauces, Five Spice & Tomato purée together in a jug. Place the Pork in a deep dish and cover with the marinade. Set a side for 15 minutes.
- Coat a Wok or large frying pan with 1-cal and heat on high. Add the Pork and flash fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the Noodles as per packet instructions. Alternatively use Spaghetti or Linguini. When cooked drain and keep warm.
- Add the Stir fry veg to the Pork and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Light Soy and cooked Noddles and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Share between 4 bowls equally.
[hit_count]Tags: Adaptable, Chinese, Diet, Easy, Fakeaway, Midweek, Pork, Serves 4, Tasty