If you’re a fan of cook books then you’ll know Mr Oliver published a few years back a book loaded with recipes that took only 5 ingredients. He subsequently went on to write 7 Ingredients. Not to be out done Slimming World produced their own book and as a starting point I have chosen for this evening “Boston Sausage & Bean Bake”.
- 6 Linda McCartney(TM) Rosemary & Red Onions sausages, or any super low fat eg Heck Chicken etc
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 carton Passata with a little water
- 1 Sweet Potato diced
- 1/2 Yellow sweet Pepper coarsely sliced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped
- handful of coarsely sliced Mushrooms
- thick slice of Swede diced
- 11/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1tsp leaf Coriander
- 3tsp Thyme
- Place all the ingredients in an oven & hob safe pot and heat on the hob until the passata begins to bubble.
- Adjust the heat to allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and bake for 35 minutes until the harder vegetables are soft.
- Serve with an Air fried jacket Potato.
This version serves 2, for more mouths simply double up.
SYNs per portion ZERO!