My chicken balti doesn’t take long to prepare And can be modified to use whatever you’ve got in the larder.
Are use the following:
- five small white onions quartered.
- One can of chopped tomatoes.
- Three cloves of garlic.
- Two bell peppers deseeded and coarsely chopped.
- Three star anise.
- Six cardamom seeds.
- 1 teaspoon black onion seeds.
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder.
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori powder.
- 1 tablespoon ginger.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1-Cal spray
- and of course chicken. Breast or as I prefer the phase but all skin and visible fat is removed and chopped into bite-size pieces.
Start by preparing the onions and placing them in the hot oven to roast with a spray of oil. Roast until browned.
On the hob over a high heat add the tomatoes peppers garlic and spices and bring to the boil
Keep the pan simmering quite highly and when the onions are ready, add them to the saucepan.
Take a stick blender and Breakdown the peppers and onions to form a paste.
Add up to 500 mL of water and bring back to the boil. Add the chicken and reduced to a gentle simmer.
Allowed to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Then remove the heat and allow the pan to cool on the hob.
Reheat when ready and served with a naan bread or your favourite rice combinations.
SYN value: for the balti it is free food.
[hit_count]Tags: ”What’s in the Pot”, Body&Soul, Chicken, Diet, Indian, Podcast, Slimming World, SYN Free