By nature I am not vegan. I do have meat free days several times a week. There’s no particular reason; moral or health, it is more to do with the dishes themselves.
Looking for a way to get more ‘Speed foods’ into my diet I stumbled upon a recipe. Although quite tasty in its original – I felt it needed my own touch. Beetroot burgers are very tasty and filling. They are quite cheap to make and don’t take that long to prepare.
- 250g fresh or ready boiled beetroot
- 15g breadcrumbs
- 50g cooked long grain rice
- 50g cashews raw or salted
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/4tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor until you have a smooth paste
- Form into burgers (use a wax paper and a burger press)
- Chill for 30 minutes Bake at 200C for 25 minutes
Serve with a side salad of rocket, baby tomatoes and mange-tout, homemade coleslaw and air fried potatoes.
[hit_count]Tags: beetroot, Burger, Choices, Cooking, Cravings, Diet, Easy, Fakeaway, Fast-food, filling, Food Optimising, Free Foods, Slimming World, Speed foods, Vegan, Vegetarian